Head of Communications and Engagement
Greenpeace is a cause, a movement, a living legend. We are devoted to protecting the environment and changing the views of people towards nature from passive to active. Our supporters are changemakers. They are the reason Greenpeace is alive, strong and able to set ambitious goals for nature protection.
The Head of Communications and Engagement is responsible for planning and implementing effective and integrated engagement and media strategies for Greenpeace Bulgaria.
The position is key for maintaining for the overall communication of Greenpeace Bulgaria, it's channels and leading the engagement strategies.
Tasks and duties:
- Coordinate the daily communications and engagement output of Greenpeace Bulgaria.
- Leadership and management for the people in the communications and engagement team (3-4 persons).
- Proactively suggest and implement innovative ways to engage new audiences.
- Develop relationships with media actors including press, news agencies, broadcasters, PR professionals and Internet sites.
- Promote campaign outputs in the media community.
- Raise the profile of Greenpeace Bulgaria as a credible and attractive environmental non-governmental organisation.
- Actively participate in the development of and implementation of the agreed engagement and media strategies.
- Prepare and manage communications materials, including media releases, messaging, Q&A, backgrounders, features, etc. and visual materials (photos, videos, logos and reports) for media stories, web and public outreach.
- Provide detailed guidance to the communications and engagement team as to what media coverage is expected and in which outlets (newspaper, television, radio, features, web, etc.).
Experience and skills needed:
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Deep understanding of marketing, digital marketing and communications
- Experience in management
- University degree, preferably in communication area
- Excellent written and spoken English required
- A commitment and enthusiasm for Greenpeace’s work
- Experience with NGO work preferred
- Experience in working with marketing and communication agencies or freelancers
What we offer:
- Full time employment contract with a trial period (40h per week) under a labour contract
Gross salary: approx. 2600 BGN, depending on previous experience
- Flexible working time and a home office option
- Constant collaboration with the Greenpeace organization in Central and Eastern Europe
- Benefits in line with our values (eg. child support benefit, additional health insurance, public transport card)
- A real opportunity of making change in the world
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, and you meet the criteria, please submit your CV together with a strong motivation letter in English.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Only approved candidates will be invited for an interview. The selection process will be taking place on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is chosen. Please submit your application as soon as possible.
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic and would like to invite you especially to apply.