Digital Support / Online Community Manager
Greenpeace exists because this fragile Earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action. Greenpeace stands for positive change through action. With the courage, independence and global reach to defend nature and promote peace.
For the local office in Bulgaria, Greenpeace is looking for a Digital Support/Online Community Manager.
Responsibilities will involve the following:
- Digital support in maintaining the website and email supporter databases of the organization: creating, publishing and editing content
- Managing the social networks channels of the organization which includes:
- Creating various content;
- Engaging in meaningful conversations in both our owned online communities and relevant communities we target (regional or interest based Facebook groups; forums, etc.) – not only replying to comments, but also provoking (organic) engagement trough initiating dialog;
- Creating and managing advertisements
- Support in organizing media events
- Contributing to communications campaign strategy
- Collaboration with international Greenpeace offices and colleagues and other NGOs
- Running tests and experiment with new methods to broaden our supporter base
Professional competencies: education / knowledge / experience:
- have at least one year of work experience in field related to this position, such as communication or online marketing;
- have a deep understanding of online tools, processes and techniques for customer acquisition and retention, and have an eagerness to continuously improve both;
- University degree, preferably journalism, marketing, PR, psychology
- be motivated, conscientious, punctual, hard-working;
- be able to fact-check content pieces and incoming information;
- have good time management skills;
- have a high command of both Bulgarian and English;
- be outstanding in content creation, be a good problem-solver and a storyteller;
- a genuine passion and enthusiasm for Greenpeace´s mission and environmental protection;
- be resilient and flexible, and able to handle stress;
- communicate with ease when addressing various types of people and issues
Additional qualifications useful for the position:
- Experience in managing websites via CMS such as WordPress
- Familiarity with social networks analytics and Engaging Networks
- Good knowledge of email marketing and database management system
- Managing online ad systems (AdWords, Facebook Ads)
- Basic graphic and web design skills could be a plus, but are not mandatory
We are providing:
- A job with a mission in a very dynamic team
- Flexible part time job (20 hrs), with the option of flexible working places – certain amount of remote working is included
- Constant collaboration with the Global Greenpeace organization
- International skill shares – you can learn from and input to a worldwide network of talented digital people, setting and adopting trends
- Work in an organizational environment with a diversity of context, experience, perspectives, seniority, curiosity – with the irrepressible desire to make a difference
- 3-month trial period, as the contract duration will be 1 year.
If you consider yourself a promising candidate for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter – both in English – until September 16th, 2019
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Only approved candidates will be invited for an interview.